Thursday, March 16, 2023

Thursday and a Concert After All

I slept poorly last night. I was awake off and on all night even though I took my allergy pill. I think I was concerned about driving home from Bartlesville and the concert in a thunderstorm and perhaps hail. Anyway, I was up at my usual 5:00AM.

Anyhow I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I got the laptop in the living room where I was eating my breakfast. I caught the weather right away and checked for the cats but they were not out there yet. .... Not yet anyhow.

I will check again in a few minutes. 

Today will be 61 degrees and a rainstorm and windy and perhaps hail., Friday will be 51 degrees and mostly sunny,   Saturday is to be 42 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 44 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 58 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 67 degrees and cloudy and windy, That's the week!  At least one day of rain...today!

I will check on the cats again now. 

Only Scruff was out there again. I don't see Blondie yet and Scruff appeared to be looking for him. She didn't eat much at all and has left already. I will leave the cat food out there for a little while just in case she comes back.

I will skip going to tonight's concert. I saw Bartlesville's weather forecast and they are forecast for hail too. I don't want to subject my old car to hail for sure. I do my best to keep it nice and I sure can't afford to buy another. It's 15 years old.

I called Sally and cancelled going to tonight's concert. First rain and wind and then about the time we would get out of the concert, hail. I offered her my ticket for someone else but she didn't know anyone to take it and use it and go.

I told Sally if I changed my mind, I would pick her up at 6:00PM

I changed my mind. I went to the Copan Restaurant and had their beef and veggie soup and iced tea for lunch. As usual, it was delicious. It rained a little...very little... but no hail...at least not yet. I will pick Sally up at 6:00PM and it is 4:15PM now. I decided to go to the concert after all. I will take my chances on the hail.

I read most of the afternoon.  I like this book much better then yesterday's book.

More Later...maybe...

I did decide to pick up Sally for the concert and go after all. Going down was just fine but it was very dark after the concert and I had to drive very carefully on the way home especially while trying to take Frank Phillips to the new short cut to Tuxedo Blvd. There wasn't a star in the sky and no moon either. It was very dark. I was very glad it wasn't raining or snowing or hailing. I was pretty disoriented in such a dark night..We only have two more concerts in our tickets.

I am going to take a bath tonight and hope to sleep well tonight.It may be near midnight when I finally get to bed. It's 11:08PM now and I just got home.


 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Glad you did okay going to the concert. Even living in the big city, I hate driving on a night with no moon or stars. Linda in Kansas

Galla Creek said...

I can’t see well at night. Margie, you are brave to tackle this adventure.