Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tuesday and Preparing for Packing for the Weekend.

I slept fairly well last night. I was more restless then usual but was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I went into my saved documents file and printed off the list for my packing for the overnight trip to the reunion grounds Friday with Leslie and John and perhaps Karan for Leslie's ordination on Saturday. I will just take a small overnight case of clothes and essentials ...it's only overnight. I will take my sleeping bag and pillow and towel and wash cloths though. We will be back on Saturday sometime after the ordination and the mini Mission Center conference.

But if I don't have a list, I will forget something important. For instance, I will need to take my hearing aid case and my contact case and eye drops and my glasses, all the stuff that has to go with those. And, of course, a change of clothes and a towel and washcloth and soap and my pajamas and a robe. So I always keep a list.. even for an overnight away from home.

I have nothing much planned for today. Tuesday is just odds and ends day. If is nice enough, I will take my walk and probably start another book. Tomorrow is my hair day and also Bunco at the senior center. I will need to get a treat today for the Bunco group.

Now I need to get my breakfast and check the weather forecast and see if the cats are out there waiting for their breakfast.

Both cats were out there for their breakfast. They ate fast and left so I took their bowl into the garage and covered it.  And I got the "weather on the 8's" forecast too,

Today will be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 59 degrees and snow showers and wind. Friday is to be 47 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 43 degrees and mostly sunny,  Sunday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 52 degrees and PM showers. That's the week! The worst day is Thursday and that is the evening when Sally and I are to go to Bartlesville to see the show "Chicago". And I am to drive. 

I ate my breakfast as the cats ate theirs and washed and put away my dishes. 

I have been reading since 9:30AM. Finally the trash people came and I decided to try to wash my trash container. It's awfully scuffed up. I took it into the back yard and hosed it off and scrubbed on it a bit with a rough sponge, I don't know if it helped or not but it couldn't look any worse then it did. 

It's 11:94AM now and I am thinking of going to Eggbert's and having their small chef salad.

It's either that or opening a can of soup and heating it up in the microwave. I have had a lot of soup lately and am really kind of tired of it.

I did take my walk. It warmed up enough that I was comfortable doing that.  I got a half a grocery sack of trash this time.


So I went out to Eggbert's and had their special. It was good but way too much to eat in one sitting. I had half of it boxed up and brought it home. I will warm it up in the skillet for a lunch later.

I have been reading on another book all afternoon. It's 2:30PM now. 

 I had better go check out the mail and see if I got anything.

More Later... 

It's 6:54PM now and read all afternoon and just took my bath, I finished the book I was reading and took it up to the library with a note telling them who I was and that I was donating these nice books for their used book sale for income for the library.

I am trying to finish up the blog for this evening now. I plan to start another book and also plan to go to bed at my usual 9:00PM.


2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Remember to pack your hearing aid batteries! Linda in Kansas

Kay said...

I'm starting to pack for a trip too. I keep changing my list though.