Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept very well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. The combination of the two Melatonin tablets and the allergy pill is the answer to my sleeplessness. Without sinus drainage I don't wake up so much and when I do, I can get right back to sleep.

Today I will clean the apartment. I usually do that on Thursdays. I have  a regular routine. I have always been highly scheduled. Mondays I go down to Bartlesville to see Nancy at the assisted living home there and take her to lunch and usually we meet Sally for lunch. Tuesdays are usually relatively unscheduled unless it's cookie day at Independence's First Christian Church in which case I go first to our church to pick up the cookies and then on to Independence to deliver them to the First Christian Church there in Independence. Wednesdays I go to get my hair done in Coffeyville and then sometimes to the senior center there afterward if it's game day or Bunco. Thursday is house cleaning day. And Friday is free so I go to the market for what little groceries I use. I eat two meals a week out. I do very little cooking. It's hard to cook for one unless one wants to eat leftovers for a week and I sure don't want to do that.. 

More Later..I will go check on the weather forecast and the cats.

Only Scruff came for her breakfast, Blondie did not show up. She ate a little but kept looking for Blondie. She is still out there on the driveway waiting for him so I am leaving the food out there for awhile to see if she eats more or if he joins her.  I will take it in a little later if she doesn't eat more or he doesn't join her. Then I will bring it back in the garage and cover it.

I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 64 degrees and cloudy and windy, Tomorrow is to be 75 degrees and AM Thunderstorms and wind,  Saturday is to be 73 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 73 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Monday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy.Tuesday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, and Wednesday is to be 64 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week,,,only one day of rain.

I can live without the wind. That usually sets my allergies off.

More Later... 

I started my cleaning and did all the mopping and now am working on the vacuuming.  I have everything done but the dining room carpet but I am tired and need to rest a little while before I do it and clean and charge the sweeper.The hardest part is getting those chairs out of the dining room and into the kitchen and living room. They are so heavy! I can't lift them. I have to drag them into those rooms and then after I do that I have to clean and charge the vacuum sweeper. I am usually very tired when I finish and do the dusting on Friday.

Monday is Sally and my concert in Bartlesville. She will drive this time. It is called "Stomp!" I don't know what to expect. I have never heard of it. But it is entertainment and I like Sally for the companionship. She is very nice.

Back to the vacuuming now and cleaning and charging the vacuum sweeper. That takes a couple of hours.

I'd better get back to it.

I got that all finished and read until 11:00AM when I went over to Sally's to see if she wanted to go with me to Big Cheese in Independence. Her car was there but she was not home. She must have gone off with someone else in their car.

Anyhow,  I went on up by myself and ate at Big Cheese. Then I went to Dairy Queen and bought a small blizzard for dessert. I am full now...that's for sure.

When I got back home the sweeper was fully charged so I put it away. I need to locate those filters on Amazon. I don't know which ones they are.

Now I will get back to my book.

It's 4:45PM now and I just went to the Drug Store to buy some hearing aid batteries. Luckily the Drug Store carries them. I have been reading all afternoon and am tired of reading now. I notice there's plenty of wind this afternoon. wind,... I don't like, It messes with my allergies.

I just had an e-mail from Amazon saying my Prime membership was about to expire. That e-mail sent me a form to fill out telling me my Amazon credit card was also about to expire and would need to be renewed and asking all kinds of personal questions to renew it like my full name, date of birth and social security number. 

That did it! I knew we were never supposed to give out our social security numbers to anyone. So I called the Amazon Help line and got a call from Amazon and talked to a woman and told her the entire story. She put me on hold for a bit and then came back online to tell me that "Amazon" e-mail was not from Amazon.  I told her I had been scammed once a year and a half ago and that would make me more vulnerable for other scams to be tried on me. Twice since then I had been attempted to be scammed again but both times I filled out a police report at our police department. They have an open case on it.  I called the Caney police and reported this scam too. He said his wife had called him and they had the same e-mail as I did today.

Always something! I was so grateful she checked that out for me. I deleted the e-mail!

 It's 5 :41PM now.

More Even Later...

I read until 7:00PM and then took my bath and put my pajamas and  robe on. Then I read until 8:55Pm and decided to read some more. I sleep better when I go to bed later..




 

No comments: