Sunday, March 26, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept pretty well last night. I had taken two Melatonin tablets and also an allergy pill. I was up at my usual 5:00AM. I had no trouble with the sinus drainage for a change..

I dressed and made my bed and have mixed up my coffeecake for the church's breakfast and it is in the oven now.  I will fix myself a cup of coffee and a cup of Chai. That should wake me up.

Leslie and John left for Galveston and their cruise yesterday morning. Some of Leslie's classmates planned to go too. I think there will be six couples and one widow. I could be off a couple. It could be 5 couples. They have been meeting on Wednesdays for lunch for some time. They planned this cruise at one of those lunches.

Melissa will be speaking today at church and Kelly, her husband, will run the computer that projects the music and the order of service. I assume Leslie got the bulletins done before she left. 

More Later ..I will turn on the TV and see if I can get the weather forecast and also check on the cats.  

I caught the weather and also the cats. I fed them and they have left now.

Today is to be 56 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday will be 57 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 55 degrees and  partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 63 degrees and Mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 68 degrees and Scattered thunderstorms, Friday is to be 73 degrees and Scattered thunderstorms, and Saturday is to be 61 degrees and sunny. That's the week! A couple of days of much needed rain.

My coffeecake is baked and cooling now. I will put the glaze on it when it cools a bit. 

I got the glaze on the coffeecake and read a bit on my latest book. I drank my coffee and am now working on my Chai. I will leave for church about 9:30AM. After church I will see if Phyllis wants to eat at Eggbert's where we can get their small chef salad. I will give her another book then.Then after that, I will go out to Coffeyville's El Pueblo and get Jeromy a gift certificate for his birthday on the 2nd of April. Then I probably should get gas out to the Woodshed. 

More Even Later...

I got my gas as soon as I got near Coffeyville. Then I went on out to church. Melissa had a good sermon. 

We had a pretty good congregation this morning and afterward Phyllis and I went out to Eggbert's in Coffeyville for our usual small chef salad lunch. After lunch we saw Mark Wilson, the pastor of the Church of God in Coffeyville and he was there with Rick and Carmen Simmons. They all came over to our table and gave us hugs. For the life of me I could not recall Mark's last name. When I got home I called him to ask him and apologize for forgetting his last name.  It had been a long time since I had seen him and my mind was just blank. I would like to have introduced him to Phyllis If I could have just come up with his last name. Aggravating!

I stopped at the Dollar General store there and got a birthday card for Jeromy. His birthday is April 2nd. I had gone out to El Pueblito and bought a gift certificate for his birthday.


More Later...


 

No comments: