Friday, April 7, 2023

Friday and Keith and Esther Come

I was up at my usual time this morning and stripped my bed and remade it. I put the sheets I took off the bed in the washer as usual, added my pajamas and underwear and hit the start button. Nothing happened. I had already put the detergent in so the sheets had detergent in them. I had also put my underwear in too. I tried everything but nothing happened. The washer would not work. So I took the laundry out and put it in a basket. I will go to the laundromat later this morning and do the laundry and bring it home to dry it in my dryer. Sometime next week I will call a washer repairman..if there is such a person around here anymore. This is not a good time to have this happen. Keith and Esther will be coming in sometime this afternoon. I just want to get the laundry washed and done and put away before that. That washer is only three years old. John, my son in law,  bought it and the dryer for me when I moved in here. I do laundry once or twice a week depending on the circumstances. 

Now I need to get my face made up and when it gets light I will check on where the laundromat is out on west 4th Street... and what kind of change I will need to do the laundry. 

There were no cats out there when I checked but I did catch the "weather on the 8's"  

Today is to be 68 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 70 degrees and  partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 71 degrees partly cloudy, Monday is to be 70 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 75 degrees and mostly sunny, and Wednesday is to be 77 degrees and sunny Thursday is to b e 70 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week...and no rain again this week.

More Even Later ....

I went over to where I thought the new laundromat was and it appears to be closed. I called Leslie to see if I could do my one load of wash at her house but she and John both have bad colds and they don't want me to get one. They both must be miserable. She was all stopped up and she said John's nose was running so I decided to just go over to Coffeyville and do it there. After the sun goes further up I will drive over there but right now it is in a blinding place. So I will wait an hour or so until the sun is up further in the sky.  Keith and Esther are not due here until this afternoon. They want to do some shopping at Bartlesville's Walmart.

More Later...  I will have some oatmeal. I have had my coffee and my Chai. But I will have  a breakfast bar and some oatmeal while I am waiting.

On top of everything else, when I tried to check my e-mail I found I had no internet either on the desktop computer. So I rebooted it and it then picked up the signal.. 

I took my one load of laundry over to the Coffeyville laundromat and washed it. That one load cost me $4.00 to wash. Thank goodness I had some ones. They had a change machine and I just had to keep feeding it ones until it gave me enough quarters to wash that one load. Anyhow it's done now. I brought that load home and put it in my dryer. It's drying now.

I took the advice of the woman who read my blog and turned the plug for the dryer off in the fuse box and plugged it back on then unplugged the washer and  re plugged it in and it worked!! The washer works now!

I just tested it. 

Keith and Esther came around 2:00AM and we visited for quite awhile so I didn't get back to the blog until late afternoon. Keith had bought me a new laptop computer since it appeared the old one was dead.  After he got the new computer finished setting up, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner and had a very good personal pan pizza each and a soft drink. We visited all afternoon. A friend of Keith's had given him a good Canon printer and he set that up for me too. Then we went out to Dollar General and he bought me a lot of bottled water to drink as well as typing paper and several other things he felt I needed...White Out included. He worked most of the day setting up the new laptop computer and the printer. I sure felt spoiled.

We stopped at Mr. G's and had ice cream for dessert.

About 9:00PM I took my bath and got ready for bed. I brought the clothes I will wear tomorrow into the den where I will sleep.  I am sure they are exhausted. They had a huge day! While Keith worked on setting up the new laptop, Esther took a nap. I was glad she did. She had driven the rental car down to Caney from Tulsa. And to get to their  plane on time, they had got up at 2:00AM. 

It's 9:28PM now and as soon as I copy my blog to Keith blog, I will go to bed.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Did you check fuse then unplug from power and plug in again? That usually fixed mine.

Margie's Musings said...

I will try that!

Galla Creek said...

That Mary is such a smart gal!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, she is!!