Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sunday and A Different Church Today

I slept well again last night. I had taken my Melatonin and allergy pill and that seems to be the answer to better sleep.I was up and made my bed and dressed by 5:00AM as usual. Leslie and Melissa and Kelly are all three gone today and there is no one who knows how to run the projector at church. We no longer have a pianist. We project the music and words to the hymns on a large screen. We still have hymnals but with the music and words projected, we can sing from the screen but we have to have someone who knows how to do the computer and projector or we would be singing acappella.. So there is no church today at our church. Church without music would not be church. I thought about attending one of our local churches and I may do that yet.

I am having dry eye problems again today. I have had my contact out three times this morning and put drops in both my eye and in the contact itself but it still is not seating well. 

I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual. Soon I will go turn on the TV and wait for "the weather on the 8's" and see if the cats are out there waiting for their breakfasts.

Both cats were out there waiting for me to open the door and feed them..so I did. They ate and left and I brought their food back in the garage and covered it.

Then I caught the weather forecast:.

Today will be 75 degrees and  mostly sunny and windy, tomorrow will be 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy and windy,Wednesday is to be 58 degrees and sunny,   Thursday is to be 60 degrees and mostly sunny, .Friday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy, and Saturday is to be 70 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! No rain that I can see. 

More Later... 

I decided to go to the church out here in the newer addition. I believe it's called Cornerstone. Brad Stephens was the pastor and he had a very good sermon. He used to be the preacher at the First Methodist Church here in Caney and he preached David Perkins' mom and dad's funerals. I recall going to those funerals and seeing David there too afterwards. Brad did a good job. That's been a few years. It's 12:19PM now and I just had a bowl of soup with crackers for my lunch.

I need to get some dish washing soap (Dawn) and cranberry juice. I guess I will go out to Dollar General for that.

So, More Later...

I went out to Dollar General and bought the few things I needed. I also got $20.00 cash because I was out of money and I won't be going to the bank until Wednesday.

I started to work on my blog when I got back but neither computer were getting the internet. I rebooted the desktop computer, I haven't had internet on the laptop computer for a couple of weeks or more. 

More Later...I guess I will read again now.

I put down my book and came in the den to download Zoom and watch the Mission Center's Zoom worship service.

Now I will get back to 60 Minutes. I recorded that. I watched the 60 Minutes that I had recorded and then I took my bath at 7:00PM.

 I will read again until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you visited a church. Leslie will be home soon. I hope their trip was special to all of the classmates.

Margie's Musings said...

She said they had a wonderful time. Just before I logged on here, she texted me they were in Tulsa, Oklahoma.