Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday and Keith and Esther Leave this Afternoon

I slept well again last night again and was up about 5:00AM as usual. I made up the trundle bed and put it away and dressed and then I crept into the bathroom quietly and made up my face and got myself ready for the day. Then I made my cup of coffee and came here in the den to do the blog...or at least start it. It's 6:30AM now and I will soon go turn on the TV quietly and watch for "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. 

The kids will be leaving this afternoon and I will be alone again. I will really miss them. We have had quite a visit and taken our walk each day. Esther walks with me first and then she convinces Keith to walk with her again. We have done that each day they have been here. The weather has been beautiful!

I hate it that they have not been able to see Leslie and John while they were here but Leslie came back from their cruise to the islands and was sick. One of her classmates had developed Covid and first she thought she and John just had a bad cold. First they both tested negative so that's why they thought they both just had a cold. She found out the next day though that she then tested positive and she had the Covid. John is just a carrier at this point. They were both fully vaccinated so it must be one of the variants.. But Keith and Esther are leaving for Germany on the 20th and they did not want to take any chance of getting sick. I can't blame them but it's too bad they couldn't see Leslie and John while they were here.

After Keith and Esther left at 1:00PM, I decided to go ahead and go down to Bartlesville and see Nancy. As I figured, she was still in bed. I got her up and she got dressed and we went for  a ride. Then I went to the Okie car wash and washed my car and vacuumed it out. Then I took her to Brahms for a small milk shake.  She had missed lunch and only ate a little of her breakfast. I figured a milk shake would be filling and since it was the only thing she had eaten all day, it wouldn't be a bad thing to fill her up.

We rode around for awhile to get her out of the assisted living and then I took her back and gave her a hug and came back home. I was very tired. 

I will read this afternoon until time for the 5:30PM CBS news. I heard a blurb on the radio coming home that there was another mass shooting today.  The only way that will stop is if they eliminate assault weapons, make every gun purchase have a background check, and let no one younger then 21years old buy a gun. It has been simply horrendous the number of mass shootings held here in America. And Only in America!

More Later...

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

You and I have the same view about guns.