Thursday, April 13, 2023

Thursday and a Trip to Chanute

I am leaving this morning about 9:30AM  to go to Chanute to visit Gay and to meet her for lunch at Opie's in downtown Chanute. It has been several months since I have done that. I miss seeing her on a more regular basis. Since the pandemic, we have not seen one another. We have been friends since she was 14 and I was 17. Now I am 87 and she is 84. It has been a long friendship.

I slept fairly well last night. I was troubled occasionally with my left arm.  It was sore from my mowing yesterday. I laid out an Aleve but I didn't take it. I managed to sleep off and on...mostly on...until 5:00AM. I did take a couple of Melatonin and an allergy pill to keep the drainage from my sinus' down.

When I was in Coffeyville yesterday I notice they are black topping the highway leading to Wal Mart..and beyond north toward Independence. When I left Walmart, I went on the road south of Walmart and over the river toward the fairgrounds to avoid having to drive on that mess.  So this morning I will go to Independence and take the Cherryvale road of 169 to get to Chanute. That way I can avoid that black sticky mess.

Now I will eat my breakfast and check on the cats and the news.

So More Later... 

No cats out there yet but I did catch the weather. Today will be 80 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 68 degrees and mostly cloudy,  Sunday is to be 68 degrees and sunny and windy, Monday is to be 79 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, and Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. No rain but lots of wind!! And I hate wind! It sets my allergies off. 

Finally Blondie came for his breakfast and I fed him. After he ate his fill and left I took the cat food back in the garage and covered it again.

More Later... 

I did go on to Chanute and got there in good time. I also had a great visit with Gay and she bought my lunch. She said I had come all the way to Chanute to have lunch with her  and she wanted to buy my lunch. That made sense to me but I sure didn't expect it. I got home  at 3:30PM. 

It's 4:21PM now.

I attended Danny's Betterment Group at City Hall this evening at 6:30PM.  It was quite interesting. I received a copy of the minutes and the agenda. The city is getting a condemnation process going for that 211 West 4th Street mess of bricks from the fire at that address on 4th street which is the main street in Caney. That couple lived above the old Caney Hardware store in an apartment there. Sally told me they had insured it for a million dollars and it wasn't worth even a quarter of that much but they burned the apartment above it that they were living in and the the bricks from the building are piled up in the area next door and have been there ever since I moved here and then they tried to collect the insurance from the fire. It has been under investigation ever since. Now the city is investigating it and they want that mess cleaned up!

I hope they can get that done! It's an awful eyesore! 

I am going to read until 9:00PM or so when I plan to go to bed. There's nothing on TV that I am interested in at all. I watched the CBS news this evening. 


No comments: