Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept well last night although my left shoulder was very sore from the mowing yesterday. I was up at 6:00AM which is later for me. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I was very tired after all the mowing. When I opened the front door both cats were out there hungry for their breakfast. I turned on the TV and finally caught "the weather on the 8's". But first I fed the cats. The ate their fill and after they left, I took the cat food back into the garage and covered it again.

Here 's the weather though: Today is to be 79 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow is to be 80 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy,  Sunday is to be 69 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 78 degrees and sunny and Tuesday is to be 78 degrees and mostly cloudy.  That's the week...no rain in the week's forecast..

It's 7:01AM now and I will not leave for Coffeyville and my hair appointment until 8:00AM. So I have approximately an hour to eat my breakfast and drive over there.  I usually stop there at Sonic and get myself a small cherry limeade slush. Then I leave that in the car while I get my hair done.

I have eaten my breakfast and am now having my coffee and will go in the living room to watch the CBS news.

It's nearly 8:00AM now so I will start for Coffeyville and my hair appointment and I will also get gas while I am over there. 

It's 10:54AM now and I am finally back in Caney at home.  I did get my hair done and got gas too. I also went out to Walmart there and bought a few groceries I couldn't get at our market here in Caney. But I forgot to get Kleenex so I will get that here at Dollar General.

I finally went out and mowed the rest of the west side yard. It wasn't a huge job. I got most of it done yesterday evening. Then I blew the grass out of the garage and off the drive. I blew all the dirt I could off the mower. I need to take some wet paper towels out there and wipe it down. I will do that after I rest up a bit. It's 12:20PM now. I will warm up some of the broccoli cheese soup I made earlier. I will have it with some crackers. And I bought a big jug of ice tea at Wal Mart. I will have some of that too.

It's 4:21PM and I have been reading a book all afternoon. It was very restful. I guess I will take some wet paper towels out to the garage and try to get some of the dirt off that mower. 

Chris, at Smith's Auto and Tire, just called me with an estimate for a new Alternator for my car. I am not going to replace it until the one I have now is needing a replacement.  The estimate was $402.46. That's a pile of money I don't have. I stopped in there yesterday when I had an odd thing happen with the car. I was sitting in the car watching kids play in the park, and I turned off my motor. Suddenly two red icons showed up on my dash...one was a battery and the other was an oil light. The battery is only one year old..Keith replaced it when they were here last year. But I had them look it over. Mr. Smith thought it might be the alternator going out. So they worked me up an estimate just in case that was the case. He said the battery was fine. We were unable to get the lighted icons to show up again when they turned the motor off at the shop. I think it might have been a fluke..And my oil is not supposed to be changed until the gauge says it is down to 15%. Right now it is 30%. 

I went out to survey the west side of the yard and saw a few places I had missed. So I started up the mower again and caught those places. So I had to clean up the mower again and dump more grass clippings into the plastic yard bag. Then I trimmed a bit on the hedge and cleaned up those clippings too. So I have a half a bag of that too now. I will not put that in the dumpster until it is a full bag. 

More Later:

It's 7:42 PM now and I just had my bath. I have had a pretty big day....mowing and trimming. I imagine I will sleep well. I have read some this afternoon and I will go back to the book until 9:00PM when I imagine I will go on to bed...after I take my Melatonin and allergy pill.  

I will go have lunch with Gay in Chanute tomorrow and clean on Friday for a change.

No comments: