Saturday, April 15, 2023

Saturday and Laundry

I slept fairly well last night..not the greatest! I was up a little before 5:00AM, dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I went in the living room and opened the front door and both cats were waiting for their breakfasts. I took it out to them.and they ate fast and left.Then I went out and swept off the sidewalks and drives. There were seeds everywhere. It was a terrible mess. I don't know how long that will last. 

Anyhow after I brought their food in, I caught the weather forecast. 

Today is to be 68 degrees and cloudy and windy, Tomorrow is to be 68 degrees too and but sunny and windy. Monday is to be 82 degrees sunny., Tuesday is to be  80 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 77 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Friday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy and we leave for a week of our church's World Conference in Independence, Missouri on Friday.

That's the week ..one day of rain..lots of wind! We had some rain earlier this morning around 4:00AM.  It woke me up.

More Later....I want to finish my breakfast now. 

I had my breakfast and decided to take my walk, There was no wind for a change. It had rained last night...actually about 3:00AM this morning. So it is a nice mild day. 

I stepped out front and Blondie was back for additional breakfast so I brought the cat food out again before I left for my walk.

I walked my ten blocks, stopped at the post office and signed a form for them to hold my mail from April 21st until April 28th. They will deliver it all the day I get back.  That way it won't stack up in my mailbox for a week. My bill from the city should be in there. That's the water and trash pickup.

Blondie was gone when I got back so I took the cat food back into the garage and covered it again.

More Later...I will go read.

I checked my mail and the Bartlesville Community Center wrote to to ask if I want to buy a season ticket for next year. I will probably do that since Sally is going to do it again too. She and I take turns driving. It gives us something really neat to entertain ourselves.

I finished my last book. I will offer it to Phyllis at church tomorrow. If she doesn't want it I will donate it to the library like I have done with all the others.

This next year there will be 5 concerts again. starting with October 1st  with "Come From Away" following that will be "Jesus Christ Superstar" the fall of 2023  (no set date yet) followed by "Mean Girls" on Thursday February 1st 2024, and  following that in the Spring of 2024 "  Hairspray" (no set date yet). And lastly on Tuesday April 9th 2024,"The Cher Show". It sounds like a good lineup. Better then this year in fact. They guarantee we will get our same seats at Y 21 and Y 23.

It's almost time for me to take my bath.  I do that at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Wow! You'll only be 25 miles away from me.

Margie's Musings said...

Is that right? We have a World Conference every 3 years. Our auditorium seats 4500 people.

Donna. W said...

We go past that place quite often.