Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tuesday and Cookie Delivery and Mowing

I slept fairly well last night and was up around 5:00AM as usual. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast oatmeal now here in the den. I will take our cookies up to the First Christian Church in Independence this morning at 9:30AM. It's only 6:16AM now so I have awhile before I leave for Independence. In the meantime, I will go watch for "the weather on the 8's" and the cats.

Both cats were there this morning so I took their food out to them and they are eating now. I also caught the weather forecast. Today will be 78 degrees and sunny, tomorrow will be 78 degrees and sunny too, Thursday will be 79 degrees and sunny and Friday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Saturday is to be 66 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 69 degrees and sunny and Monday is to be 75 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! One day of rain and that is Saturday!

More Later.... 

I read until time to leave for our church to pick up the cookies from the frig there. That was about 8:45AM. I got to the church and picked up two large bags of cookies and took them to Independence to give to the pastor of the First Christian Church there.  He said I would not have to bring cookies until the first Tuesday in May. They had plenty to last until then.

I left them and then came on back home.  I went up to the only gas station in Caney and bought gas for the mower. I was going to mow my yard but I couldn't get the mower started.  It sounded like there was something dragging under it but when I checked I didn't see a thing. But I couldn't get it to start anyhow. So..I am stuck until someone comes to help me.

Esther said Stephen was going to mow his today after he gets off work. Maybe he can get it started and I can mow then. It's a nice day to do that.

I have started another book but I really am not interested in it. I will take it to the library and drop it in the book drop.  

I texted John about the mower but he has a bad cold and I don't think he is going to answer me or help me start the mower.

John was going to come in an hour but in the meantime, I finally got it started so I texted him and told him I didn't need for him to come and that I finally got it started myself.

I finished the front yard and will do the back later this evening,

Then tomorrow or Friday I will do the west side. I want to go visit Gay on Thursday and have lunch with her at Opie's. All I have tomorrow is my hair appointment at 9:00AM so I can do the west side tomorrow afternoon...there's no Bunco or game day this Wednesday.

About 3:00PM I did the mowing in the back yard. It looks fine but needs little trimming.  I may mow the west yard tomorrow afternoon. I am going to Chanute to have lunch with Gay on Thursday. When I get home in the late afternoon I may mow the west side then. It depends on the weather and if I get it done tomorrow afternoon. I also need to trim the entire yard both back, front and west side.

I am tired this evening...not used to mowing. But it is great exercise, I was even able to lift that yard bag full of clippings into the trash dumpster. I am stronger this year then I was the past two years. I couldn't do it before. It's probably the walking exercise I am getting. And then I began mowing toward the last of the season last year. The woman I had doing it wanted to give it up. So I took it on.

Doing it myself will save $100. a month. I will put that in my savings account. I get my social security tomorrow. I finally paid Cox yesterday. I sent it by mail. It wasn't due until the 27th and Leslie and I will be at World Conference that week, We leave on the 21st and won't be back until the 28th.

More Later ...

Stephen came when he got off work and mowed his yard next door. So I was rested by then and I went out and started the west side and got over two thirds of it done before I played out. I also trimmed both the front and back yards and even the west side and got that done.

I will finish mowing it tomorrow afternoon or Thursday. That will be it for the week. 

I took my bath at 7:30PM after I emptied the mower bag . That felt good. I will read until 9:00PM or so and then go to bed. I will take my Melatonin and an allergy pill before I go to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you got your mower started. It’ll probably start now. Sometimes the first start of the season isn’t easy.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true and I think it had a little leftover gas in it too. I didn't use it all last fall.