Sunday, April 9, 2023

Sunday and Keith and Esther Go To Church With Me

I was up at 6:30AM this morning, made up my trundle bed in the den and dressed and went in to watch the weather forecast on the TV and to check on the cats. Scruff was the only one to come for her breakfast. Blondie never showed up... again. She also drank some water before she left. I took the cat food in the garage and covered it again. 

I had my coffee and my Chai and waited until the kids were up before I ate any breakfast and then Keith and I ate a toasted bagel. Esther got up a little later and had the same thing.

We went out to Eggbert's later to check on the cash card for our Eggbert's that they could not use for me. They had changed cash registers and were no longer able to use cash card. Keith gave me that one last Thanksgiving when they were back here and it was for $50.00. They asked him to come back today (Sunday-Easter) when the manager was there so she could get the old register up and check on the amount on it. 

We went to Eggbert's in Coffeyville yesterday for our noon meal. Then Esther wanted to go by the mall there that has all kinds on neat stuff and look around. We went to three different places there. 

There were a few from church that didn't make it to church. Either they had company or one had a sick child and that family didn't make it either.  But we had a fair attendance anyhow.

Then we stopped by the Eggbert's here in Caney on Sunday to check it out again after church. The manager couldn't get the old register fired up so they are going to get it tried again tomorrow before they leave for Tulsa and their plane back to Arizona. Esther wanted to go to Bartlesville to look around today so we did. We went to Johnstown Park and took some photos and then we looked at the four houses we lived in there before 1986 when we moved to Caney. They seemed to enjoy that too.

When we got home today I made up and sent out five letters to those who missed church this morning. Seven had company and one had a sick child and so did not come. Melissa spoke and did a good job!

Then we came back here to my home and Keith spent some time checking the basic service I had and checking the ones I did not have checked and could not get. He found me four of five channels that I had never had before because they were not checked yet they were on the basic package I had been  paying for or years. 

He worked nearly all day yesterday and got the new laptop they brought me all programmed and also the printer a friend had given him he gave to me and installed it in the den. The new laptop should print from it as well as my desktop computer. They took my old lap that Keith got working again to give to Esther since she will not have her computer until their things get to Germany.

This afternoon we took our walk and I put those letters in the mail.

I took my bath at 7:00PM this evening and got myself ready for bed before I got to this blog. I will read a couple of hours before I go to bed. I brought my Melatonin and allergy pill in the den and will take them before I go to bed. They should help me sleep tonight. In the middle of the night, I will go into the bathroom and take my two medicines with the bottled water in there. 

Now I will go read awhile!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I want to say..Esther sounds like a really nice lady. Glad they got to visit before they go to Germany.