Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept well last night and was only up once in the night to take my two meds. I dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. Today we will have breakfast at church again and I have my coffeecake in the oven.

Scruff came for her breakfast this morning and I didn't see anything of Blondie. She ate her breakfast and left but stayed under the hedge so I left the cat food out there in case she wanted more or Blondie showed up for his breakfast.

Leslie will report on our conference experience today at church. She was very involved as Mission Center President and also High Priest and Mission Center Financial Officer. Our Mission Center is the largest in the church. She distributed the small devices we had to vote with when there was doubt about the count. Then she had to be sure to get them back after the conference. Any that were lost or retained cost $50.00 to reimburse the Conference.

I have gone to World Conference as a delegate for forty five years but this will be my last one. I will be 89 years old in two years when we have another World Conference.. It was all I could do to stay up with Leslie this year because she is taller, has longer legs, and walks faster then I can anymore. But it was a great experience for me as my last one. It was good to get back home though. We slept in John and Leslie's new camper. John towed it up there and set it up and came back up yesterday to tow it back home. It's a three hour drive. Leslie drove herself and me in her vehicle.

I think I have two or three crickets in the apartment. Stephen will come by and spray for them on Friday. I have been putting cotton in my ears at night so I can sleep. That has worked out fine so far.

I did catch the weather forecast this morning.Today is to be 68 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 71 degrees and and sunny, Tuesday is to be 73 degrees and sunny,  Wednesday is to be 75 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 77 degrees and PM Thunderstorms, Friday is to be 84 degrees and AM thunderstorms and Saturday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy. That's it for the next week. We are to get some much needed rain two days at least.

I finally saw Blondie come for his breakfast but he barely ate before he left. I took the food back in the garage. Someone else is evidently feeding him too.

I got the coffee cake out of the oven and put the glaze on it when it was cool. Then later I covered it with Saran.

More Even Later.

I got the back yard mowed and Jeromy, my grandson, will mow the west side yard. It's too big for me to do unless it's cool. I could probably do it since it is cool but I know they would rather I didn't.

I learned from Dale, her cousin, that my friend, Nancy, who is in assisted living in Bartlesville is in the hospital now. She had a UTI when I was down there last Monday and it got a lot worse and then she fell too so they put her in the hospital. I will go down to the Community Center and pick up my tickets for next year's concerts and then have lunch with Sally after she has her lunch hour to have her breakfast. She doesn't eat when she is going to be in the pool. She does physical therapy in the pool at the YMCA in Bartlesville. Nancy's son and his wife are down there now so I won't go to see Nancy until she is released from the hospital. Maybe it will be another week.

More Later...


No comments: