Monday, May 1, 2023

Monday and a Trip to Bartlesville

I will be going down to Bartlesville but not to see Nancy. She is in the hospital and being treated for a serious Uti and a fall. Her son and his wife from North Carolina are there spending time with her.

I am going to drop by the community Center there and see if I can pick up my tickets to next year's concerts. Then I will meet Sally at the restaurant for her breakfast and my lunch.

I slept pretty well last night with cotton in the ear that is not next to the pillow. That is to keep out the noise of at least one and maybe even more crickets. Stephen, my landlord, is coming by on Friday to spray for them. I can't locate it/them. I have taken the furnace filter out and looked there, opened my storage closet and looked there, looked in my regular closet, but never- the- less I cannot find it or perhaps them. One sounds like it is behind my daybed...or perhaps behind the washer in the hall utility area where my washer and dryer are located.  There is also the noise of their chirp in that storage closet in the bedroom. There's a billion things in that area. It's a mystery! They weren't there when I left for my Conference but they sure were when I got back a week later...big time!

More later...I will go check on the cats and the weather report... 

Well, no cats yet but I was just in time to catch the weather report for the week. Today is to be 71 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 73 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 76 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 78 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 88 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. That's it for the week, We can sure use the rain  in this area. The river is still nearly dry.

Now I will go check again for the cats. More Later...

I took my walk this morning  and I got another grocery sack of trash along the street.

I didn't see the cats I feed anywhere this morning. But I did see someone's real nice dog while I was taking my walk. He's about the size of a German Shepherd and followed me all along State Street wagging his tail and let me pet him. I know he belongs to someone near here so I called the animal person at City Hall and told them about him. He has a part of a leash around his collar so he has broken loose from somewhere, He's got to be someone's pet. He's so nice and friendly.  

I am going to read awhile before I leave for Bartlesville.It's only 9:25AM. I will leave in about an hour.

More Even Later...

I went to Bartlesville and washed my car first of all. After that, I went to meet Sally at Boulevard Restaurant and I had another light breakfast instead of the heavy meal that I usually get there. Sally and I had a good visit and afterward went to the Community Center to see if we could pick up our next season tickets to the concerts. We have to wait until they print them all off at the same time and they will e-mail us to tell us they are ready. I told them we would pick them up when we got their e-mail. Sally is down there three days a week where she works. I go down at least one day a week...usually to see Nancy, Of course she is in the hospital now and wasn't available for our usual visit. Her son and his wife were there from North Carolina. They come see her so seldom I didn't want to interrupt their visit with Nancy. I will see her when she gets out of the hospital.

When I got home, I read for awhile and then at 7:00PM, I took my bath. I will read again until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed...with cotton balls in my ears in order to be able to sleep.



4 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie,
I'm sorry to hear about Nancy. I hope they are able to help her and quickly clear the UTI.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Suemn. I hope she responds to their treatment and I hope she was not badly hurt when she fell.Her cousin, Dale, told me they always put them in the hospital when they have an illness and fall. She is 88 and will be 89 in November. I am one year younger then her.

Galla Creek said...

Nancy’s life is not very fulfilling. I hope she will be doing better soon.

Kay said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Nancy, Margie. UTI's are very painful, I know.

I just wrote this reply to your comment:
"I'm so glad you're able to post a comment now, Margie. I wish I knew how to change settings on Blogspot. I find that if I use my iPad or iPhone to write a comment (even on my own blog) I'm listed as Anonymous so I have to make myself remember to write "Kay of Musings:" before I write a comment. However, if I'm using my desktop or my MacBook Air, it lists me correctly as Kay. It's just the weirdest thing."

Trouble is... I'm forgetful. Doug even recently wrote, "Is this you, Kay. It sounds like you." :-)