Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Tuesday and Laundry

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

This evening after 4:30PM, my grandson, Jeromy, will come mow my west side yard. I got the front and the back done myself but the west side yard is really hard for me to do. It's much larger. He was going to mow for me while I was gone to conference but it rained and rained and he couldn't do it. I was up to it Saturday so I did the part I could and left the rest for him.

I need to do some laundry this morning. I usually do it on Monday but I didn't get it done yesterday. So I will do it today.

Now I will check to see if the cats are here for their breakfast and fix my own breakfast too.

So, More Later... 

No cats were there yet but I was just in time to catch "the weather on the 8's" 

Today is to be 73 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 76 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 76 degrees and Thunderstorms, Friday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 91 degrees and Isolated thunderstorms, Sunday is to be scattered thunderstorms. Monday is to be 87 degrees and Isolated thunderstorms. A pretty good chance for some much needed rain here in Caney.

More Even Later. I want to fix my breakfast. 

I had my breakfast and started my laundry. It's finished washing now and I will put it n the dryer before taking my walk. 

I have been watching Good Morning America. After I take my walk, I will read awhile while the laundry dries. 

More Even Later.. 

I almost forgot to take cookies to the First Christian Church in Independence today for their supper tonight.  I was supposed to buy cookies for myself and Billie Jo and Mike. So I left at 8:30AM and when I got to Independence, I stopped at the market across from the Church and bought our cookies. Then I honked as I went by the pastor's office and he came and took them from me. He said the last time we would need them this summer was in two weeks and then they are going to take a break from the dinners until fall. So I will need them again on the 14th of May and then we will see if they start them up again in the fall or winter.

Then I came back home.

I read until the laundry was dry and then I put it all away after folding it. 

Then I read until lunch time. I went out to Eggbert's and used some more of my gift card from Keith and Esther for my lunch. I still have almost $30.00 left of it. I stopped at the gift store and bought a beautiful hanging plant.

Now I  am thinking of buying another one for Stephen and Dee Anna.  I would have to water it when I water mine and be careful not to waste any water. But they are gorgeous and only $20.00 and they are huge. I will mull that over. I don't want to offend them. But I do have an extra hook and it is in the back where no one could enjoy the flowers.

I went over to their apartment and checked it out. They don't have a flowerbed in front or even in the back so I will mull that over some more.

I trimmed the hedge as well as I could, Some of it was dead from lack of water so I trimmed that out. Hopefully, it will come back and fill in again.

It's 3:37PM now and I am very tired so I will go back to my book and read. Jeromy will be here in a little over an hour to mow the west side for me.

More Later.. 

Jeromy came and mowed the west side. He missed about eight feet of the south end of the west side. He may have thought it was part of the neighbor's yard. After he was gone and I noticed it, I got out the mower and finished it. I was very grateful he had done so much of the mowing. He said he would be back on Tuesday to do it again. He said he took Maia to her track practice on Tuesday evenings so he was coming to town anyhow. It will be wonderful if he decides to do it all the time. When it gets hot he may decide to let me pay someone to do it. :) He is a fine young man!

I noticed Stephen came and mowed his yard this evening too. I took him some cold water.

It's 8:32PM now and I have had my bath and finished both of the books I had from the library. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.  Stephen's exterminator will be coming on Friday to spray for these crickets and the termites too. Stephen is taking the conservative route first. That's what I would do too. If they are superficial, that may do it. If that doesn't get the termites, then he can decide to go another more complicated route.

 

No comments: