Saturday, May 6, 2023

Saturday and No Particular Plan

I slept well last night. Of course I had taken two Melatonin pills and an allergy pill so I expected to sleep well. I was also exhausted. I had talked to Cox Complete Care three times yesterday and also had spent the morning trying to balance my checkbook. That was futile. I had also gone over to the bank in Coffeyville and had them try to balance it. We never did find the problem.

I finished the two books I had checked out at the Coffeyville library on Wednesday. Then I wanted to print off a copy of the paper Ron Dawbarn and I had worked up for a presentation for the John Whitmer Historical Association several years ago. It had been one of the things I had in my documents on the desktop computer.  That Icon of documents was on my desktop and I had access to dozens of documents. Something changed. The document Icon was no longer on the computer screen. I have a separate drive on the Computer Console but I knew if the other separate drive could be accessed, they would all be there.

I had a woman tech from Cox Complete Care work on it in the afternoon and she was able to access the document folder from One Drive but I had never used One Drive and didn't want to because it was just another place to have to come up with a password for.

I called Cox Complete Care again last evening and had another woman  try to bring up the document I wanted but One Drive would not let us print it off. Finally after an exhausting day, I told her I needed to go to bed.

I need to be able to print off that document and any document in that folder because I use the format I find there for the class newsletter in December. So I must have access to the information in that document file and be able to print it off.

I will need to call Cox Complete Care again this morning after breakfast.

I did get the weather forecast for the week from the TV this morning. Today is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy and windy.  Tomorrow is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 86 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 82 degrees scattered thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and . Friday is to be 82 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. It looks like at least tree days of badly needed rain!

More Later.. 

I decided to mail off that document the woman at Conference  wanted from me and I went to the post office and it was not open yet so I used Keith's gift card and had breakfast at Eggbert's here in Caney.  Then afterwards I went to the post office and mailed that package off.  Keith had teamviewered me this morning and after he worked on my computer I managed to print off the document she wanted. While I was there I also bought some more stamps.

More Later 

I mowed the back yard. It had a lot of leaves in it and I had raked and picked up what I could yesterday but there were still a lot of my neighbor's leaves in my back yard. So I gassed up the mower and mowed them into the bag and dumped the bag into the black leaf bag and swept up what I could of what came out of the bag after I dumped it too.

As long as it's relatively cool I can mow the little stuff. The back yard is small and it's just 73 degrees out there. Jeromy will be coming Tuesday to mow the rest. If it's nice I may get the front done too.

I went to Independence and had lunch at Big Cheese and then dropped by the Dairy Queen and got a medium Turtle Pecan Blizzard. Then I stopped at Miller Brothers and had the man working there fill my car with gas. 

When I returned, I called Cox Complete Care and the young man that helped me there got my printer to work and printed off the material I was wanting. 

Now I will go back to my book. I got two more this morning at the Caney library.

More Later...

No comments: