Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well again last night with cotton in my ears to keep out the sound of the crickets. I was up as usual at 5:00AM, dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast now here in the den...as usual, it's oatmeal, a breakfast bar and coffee and Chai Latte. God forbid I should have anything else. :)

Stephen said last evening that the exterminator will be here to spray for these crickets on Friday. I will be glad if he can get rid of them. The chirping noise is irritating. And I am sure they are eating something...I don't want to know what.

I will get my hair done at 8:30AM or thereabouts and then go get a pedicure after 10:30AM sometime. My toenails are getting long and I cannot find my toenail clippers. Besides, it's been months since I had a pedicure.

Now I will go check on the weather and hopefully, the cats.

Not only did I catch both cats out there but I also got the weather forecast. They ate quite a bit this time and then left. I left the food out there for awhile in case they come back for seconds.

Now for the forecast...Today is Wednesday and is forecast to be 78 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 71 degrees and Thunderstorms, Friday is to be 83 degrees and AM Clouds and PM sun, Saturday is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 86 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 86 degrees and  scattered thunderstorms. I see the thunderstorms are still in the forecast..at least three days. We sure need it here in Caney. The river that provides our water is very low.

I see the blind here in my den is broken. I can't raise it anymore. Only one side goes up when I try to raise it. I don't know how to fix it so I guess I will just leave it down. Maybe when Leslie gets back from Arkansas she may know how to fix it.

More Later...It's 6:29AM  I will go watch the news now. 

I had to reboot both computers to get an internet connection just now. That's Cox for you...always something...

I left at 8:15AM for my appointment for my hair. Then I went to get my pedicure at Happy Nails. After that, I went to the Coffeyville library and checked out two books to read this week. I went out to Brakms and bought a medium milkshake for my lunch. Then I went back to the library and read until time for Bunco.

I had a good time but ate too much junk food there. The fellowship was good.

Karan wasn't there. She had forgotten about her Bunco. She was working on her sermon for Sunday. I visited with her for quite awhile. Then I came back home. My City of Caney bill was here. It was almost $100.00 and that's just the water and trash. I still have the electric bill to pay and the gas. I have already paid the cable and Atmos Energy bills. Atmos Energy was almost $100. The cable was  $131.26 for the very basic cable and internet. It's highway robbery, The TV picture often tears and the internet was down again this morning on both computers. I had to reboot both computers to even get a signal. The only good thing about it is Cox Complete Care and I pay extra for that. Baloney!



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

My water bill is usually 25 a month. I pay trash separate but it’s less than 30 a month. My tv and cable is 112. But mine works perfect all the time. I just have basic tv too. Yours is surely expensive.

Suemn said...

I agree that the price of getting the internet service is definitely too high. I hope in the near future that there is more competition to where the cost will decrease.