Saturday, May 13, 2023

Saturday and Dusting

I slept pretty well last night. The thunderstorm woke me up in the middle of the night and I went to the bathroom and took my meds and then went back to bed and back to sleep a couple of times. 

I will check on the cats in a little while and also turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's".

I checked on the cats and they were not out there yet. I did turn on the TV but came back in the den to eat my breakfast.

More Later....

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" too and brought my breakfast in the den to eat.

Today will be 86 degrees and AM thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be 85 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Monday is to be 72 degrees and AM showers, Tuesday is to be 78 degrees and AM showers, Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 82 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,  Friday is to be 78 degrees and AM showers. I see lots of much needed rain this next week. Wednesday is the only day with no rain in the forecast.That will be good for the Caney River but not so good for mowing.

Only Blondie came for his breakfast. He ate a bit and left. I brought the cat food in and covered it in the garage. I didn't see anything of Scruff!.

I checked my bank account and it still does not balance. 

I am doing a load of laundry this morning and also washing my jacket.

I took my one mile walk this morning and as usual, picked up a full grocery bag of trash off the street. I can't get over the way people just toss their trash on the street. There are trash containers in front of every house. Why they don't just lift a lid near the curb and toss their trash in one of them is beyond me. It's a mindset! They simply don't care.

My laundry is rinsing now. When it is finished spinning the water out of it, I will put them in the dryer.

More Later..

The clothes dried and I folded them and put them away. Then I went up to Joyce's and had her lunch and a coke. It cost me $7.65. Not bad for a nice lunch.

Then I stopped at the library and checked out three more books. I have been reading all afternoon and it's 3:38PM now.  I am tired reading and will start my dusting.

More Later...

I dusted the apartment with lemon oil treatment. It really feeds the wood.

Then I got out my older vacuum and vacuumed the chairs for dust.

Now I am watching TV for the news.

More Later..

After I finished the news, I went out and felt of the grass in the front yard. It was dry enough to mow. At least I got the front yard mowed. That's something anyhow. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week but if the back yard gets dry enough in between rains, I will mow it next. Wednesday is the only day or night we are not forecast for rain.

It's 645PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM and put my pajamas and robe on and read some more until 9:00PM...my regular bedtime.

Maybe More Later... 

It's 8:33PM and I have had my bath and read awhile. I may go to bed early since I have been losing some sleep off and on this week. I've had a big day today what with the laundry, my mile walk picking up trash and mowing the front yard. On top of everything else, I now hear thunder. Thank goodness I got the front yard mowed. By the time I take my Melatonin and allergy pill, it will be 9:00PM..my usual bedtime.

 

No comments: