Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sunday and Church

 I slept fairly well last night. I was up at 6:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day, I checked on the cats but they were not out there yet. I did catch the weather forecast though.

Today is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy,  tomorrow is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 85 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 80 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Friday is to be 83 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 82 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. It looks like 5 days of rain. 

That will be good for the river that feeds our water here in Caney...but not so good for the mowing. If it doesn't rain this afternoon after church, I had better mow the front yard..And maybe tomorrow I can get the west side. I don't think Jeromy will be able to mow on Tuesday because it is forecast for isolated  thunderstorms. and rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

More Later...I had better get that coffeecake made for the breakfast at church. 

The coffee cake is made now and cooling in the kitchen on a rack. When it is cool I will put the glaze on it. I will leave for church at 10:00AM to go to the breakfast. It's only 7:54AM now. I will go watch the news or read until time to go.

More later..

I took the coffeecake to church and there was only one other thing for breakfast. John and Leslie brought an Amish coffeecake too. There were 8 of us there. LeeAnn came late as usual. It was almost 11:30AM before she showed up. That made 9 in attendance. The service was nearly over. 

Next week is Mother's Day. Leslie doesn't know who to get to give the sermon and the service, 

And Phyllis will not be there. Her family is probably coming for Mother's Day. We ate at Eggbert's in Coffeyville again after church. 

I sent out six letters to those not at church. I took them to the post office and dropped them in the mail drop.

Then I mowed the front and part of the west side this afternoon. I knew we were forecast for rain for four days this week and Jeromy could not mow again this week, At least I got the back done yesterday and the front and part of the west side this afternoon. It will have to do.

It's 84 degrees now and I will read until bath time at 7:00PM and after the bath, I will read until bedtime. I will be rested by then.

If, by some chance, the rain doesn't happen, Jeromy can finish the west side. That would be a blessing! He intends to come on Tuesday again. That's when the isolated thunderstorms are suppose to start. They are forecast for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We will see if that develops.

I will go read for an hour and rest and then take my bath at 7:00PM

More Later

I was going to watch the Mission Center service this evening but Zoom is gone on both my computers. I have no idea how that happened.

I will just go read I guess. How disgusting!

 

No comments: