Monday, June 12, 2023

Monday and Hearing Aide help

I slept pretty well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM.  I have dressed, had my breakfast and even fed Blondie this morning. I am having my Chai Latte now. 

I have a 9:30AM appointment at Midwest Hearing Aids in Independence to have my hearing aids checked over. They are not working well....especially the right one. They probably need some adjustments and maybe some new parts. I have the new parts but have no idea how to put them in. Midwest is a Starkey dealer and she should be able to diagnose the problem and perhaps fix it. I have no idea what she will charge me...if anything. I am pretty sure she will charge me something.

I did get "the weather on the 8's" this morning.

Today is to be 76 degrees and mostly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 90 degrees mostly sunny, Friday is to be 90 degrees and AM Thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! It looks like Friday will be the only rainy day.

I took the cat food back in the garage after Blondie finished eating.

The woman at Midwest didn't charge me anything to  work on my hearing aides. She was very nice and showed me how to repair them.

I just went to the Caney library to get some more books to read. I noticed someone is at last cleaning up that huge pile of bricks adjacent to the alley where the Blackledge china room used to be. I saw in the Chronicle that someone had been awarded the contract for the clean up. Thank goodness!! I think it has been almost three years since that building was burned and all those bricks fell into that alley. It has been an eyesore ever since that happened. 

I will be driving Thursday evening to the last concert of this series at Bartlesville's concert auditorium  Sally drove last time. I will pick her up at 6:00PM.

It's 2:50PM now. 

I went to Bartlesville to see Nancy and she was not feeling well at all. I told the nurse about her and also the woman at the front desk. The nurse was going to take her temperature.  And I also called Dale...her cousin and told him. Then I left. I wasn't sure if she was contagious and didn't want to take a chance.  It may be another UTI. She has quite a few of those. She doesn't drink enough water...

I have been reading and watching the CBS news since 2:50PM and it's 6:22PM now.  In just a little while I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and read some more.

More Later....

It's 7:01PM and I just had my bath and put my pajamas and robe on. Now I will read again until bedtime at 9:00PM or so..

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So glad she did not charge you to fix your hearing aides.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. That was a blessing!

Margie

DrumMajor said...

Your hearing aid(s) are way too new. The dispenser shouldn't charge you a dime! Sometimes moisture can collect in the airway tube and cause a blockage. If your's have the wire instead from the aid to the ear mold, that's not a problem, but they can eventually bend and break at the connector into the hearing aid. Having a hearing aid drying system of some type is good to clear any moisture and help them work longer. I' gotten mine to work 9 or 12 years! Opening the battery door all the way when not wearing them helps also. Linda in Kansas