Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Wednesday and a Storm Warning

 It rained and stormed all night but I slept well most of the night. I was up once and took my two meds and got back to sleep just fine. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day, I looked out and Blondie was in front of my front door wanting his breakfast. I started to take it out to him but it was pouring down rain. I couldn't get him to move away from my front door so I could put his food out there so I got my umbrella and went out through the garage and took it to him. When I got back in the house, the weather forecast was on. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning now until 6:45AM. It's 6:27AM right now and it appears to be slacking off.

Of course all this means my yard will not get mowed today.

Today is to be 84 degrees and Thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 89 degrees and  sunny, Friday is to be 86 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 89 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 88 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Monday is to be 93 degrees and sunny, and Tuesday is to be 92 degrees and sunny. It's to be a scorcher week and thunderstorms today, Saturday and Sunday.

I have had my breakfast now and will go back in the living room to check out the storm warning again.

So. More Later... 

The weather cleared up before I got to Coffeyville for my hair appointment. I was back home by 11:00AM and read until 12:38PM when I went out to Sonic and bought a child's wacky pack for my lunch. That costs me $2.08 at our Sonic and it includes two chicken strips, tater tots and a tiny Coke. It's always good and not terribly filing.

Toni told me she would be off work the first week in July so I will not have a hair appointment on July 5th. I will have to wash it myself that week.

Now back to my book...

I saw a family there at Sonic with a beautiful Siberian Husky dog. I had to tell them how beautiful I thought she was, Then I came back home to read some more. It rained all morning so my yard was not mowed this week.  I hope he gets to it one day this week.  If not, I will have to mow it myself as soon as it's dry.

The grass must have gotten dry enough to mow because the man who is mowing for me is out there mowing now.  I took a bottle of water out to him. I am glad I will get it mowed. It would have taken me a day and a half to do it myself.

Bob Cramer's son or daughter ( I couldn't tell by the voice which it was) called me just now. He was one of my classmates and died several years ago and his wife notified me then. 

It's a little after 7:00PM and I just had my bath. I have been reading again for an hour or so. I will go put lotion on my feet and read my latest library book until almost 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

More Even Later..perhaps..

 

No comments: