Monday, June 19, 2023

Monday and A Trip to see Nancy

I slept restlessly last night. I was out of Melatonin and had forgotten to go to Dollar General to get more. I will need to get some this morning before I go to Bartlesville. I was up an hour earlier then usual. I will  be extra tired this evening.

I just checked to see if Blondie was out there for his breakfast but he wasn't.  I will check again soon when I turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's".  

I never got around to cleaning this past week. I will need to get that done either today or tomorrow. 

I am dressed and ready for the week but I am tired this morning from lack of sleep. I had probably better clean tomorrow. And tomorrow Cheyenne will have another softball game too....probably at 6:30 PM...but I will check with Jeromy on the time later on this morning before I leave for Bartlesville.

I checked again on Blondie but he still was not out there. I did catch the weather forecast for the week though.

Today is to be 92 degrees partly cloudy, Tomorrow is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 90 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 95 degrees and AM thundershowers, and Sunday is to be  97 degrees and mostly sunny. Again, only one day of rain forecast for this week. 

Blondie finally came for his breakfast. I took it out to him and he ate and was gone very quickly. He appears to be losing weight and he doesn't eat a lot and leaves. I might need to buy some better or even something different in cat food to be able to tempt him to eat better. There was nothing I was interested in on the news. So I turned the TV off.

I may take my walk. I see someone..perhaps Stephen.. cleaned up that big limb that was laying on the ground under his tree.  

I left for my walk at 7:35AM and got home at 8:00AM. I had hardly any trash to pick up today. Of course, I picked it up yesterday but that has never discouraged those who toss trash into the street before.

It is a nice mild day with a temperature at 67 degrees at this time of day...perfect for my walk. 

More Later...I want to check out the library and the Dollar General Store.  I need to get some books and my Melatonin.

I got my Melatonin and after I got back from Bartlesville, I went to the library and got two more books to read.

A couple of young boys came by this morning and asked me if I knew my neighbor had a huge tree limb down. I hadn't been out yet so I didn't know either. They asked me if I had my landlord's telephone number so they could tell him about it. I thought a minute and then I decided to give it to them. They called Stephen and told him about it and he has hired their dad to clean it up.

Later, I was concerned about having given his telephone number to them and wondered what on earth I had been thinking. I texted Stephen and told him what I had done and apologized for it. He told me it was o.k. because he got their father to clean it up for him. When I took my walk, I noticed it was cleaned up well.

Nancy was not interested in getting up and getting dressed or going to meet Sally for lunch so I visited with her for an hour or two and then came back home. I may not be going down there to see her every week. I may make it every other week. That's a lot of gas for a one to two hour visit. She didn't even get out of bed. She said she was feeling achy. Dale had told me that if she didn't want to get dressed, she would say she wasn't feeling well. Maybe that's the situation now. Who knows.

Later this evening I heard from Stephen again after I saw the Tulsa news and saw they had had a tornado or some very strong winds and there was lots of damage in that area and many Tulsa people had no power at all. Stephen and his wife live in Owasso which is just south of Tulsa. and they had some tree limb damage but did not lose their electricity. Thank God for that!

I am getting ready to take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and read some more. I plan to go to bed about 9:00PM tonight after having such a restless night last night. It's 6:24PM now.

It's 7:08 now and I will go read on my library book until bedtime.

I will clean the apartment tomorrow. So I hope I get better sleep!

 

 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I wonder if feline leukemia is going around amongst the feral cat population. Not that there's anything you can do about it, but since the other one died and now this one is losing weight, I can't help but wonder.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Donna. That is a possibility. I hope not. Scruff jut wasted away and for several days she vomited everything she ate. The last two days she just lay under my hedge and slept. It was tragic!!