Sunday, June 18, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept well again last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I am dressed, have made my bed and checked on Blondie the feral cat. He hasn't been by yet for his breakfast. 

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" though.

Today is to be 84 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 92 degrees and  partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 93 degrees and sunny,Wednesday is to be 93 degrees and partly cloudy. Thursday is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny, and Saturday is to be 94 degrees and AM showers.  That's the week ...one day of rain... next Saturday.

My coffeecake is in the oven baking and I have the timer set so I won't over bake it.

Blondie finally came for his breakfast at 7:08AM...kind of late for him. But he doesn't have Scruff to compete with anymore since she died.

I got my coffeecake baked and iced. had a small piece of last week's. I had intended to give that leftover coffeecake to Sally but forgot to do it. For one thing, she was late getting to her breakfast on Monday and I finally gave up on her and just went on home. I have the coffeecake in a zip lock bag and I just had a piece of it warmed up in the microwave and it's still very good. But I will take the new coffeecake I just baked to the church breakfast. This is Father's Day so I hope attendance will be good today.

It's trying to rain or I would take my walk this morning.  It would be just my luck for me to get six blocks on it and have it begin to rain on me. I guess I could take an umbrella.

More Later...

I just took a chance it wouldn't rain and it didn't.  I left here at 8:35AM and just got back home. at 8:57AM. I took the book I finished yesterday to the library's book drop and dropped it in. Then I finished my walk. I got another full sack of trash.

I went early to Coffeyville to go to the bank and get my week's money out of my checking account. Then I went out to the Woodshed and filled my car up with gas.

Melissa did a good job with the sermon today. Afterward Phyllis and Karan and I went to Eggbert's in Coffeyville and had lunch. We also had a nice breakfast at church.

After I got home I made up my six letters and got them in the mail. Then I read most of the afternoon and later I went out to Sonic and had a small cherry limeade slush.

Now I will take the second book back to the library and put it in the book drop. While reading earlier this morning, I found I had already read it.

More Later

No comments: