Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday and a Tragic Morning

I slept fairly well last night and was up a little before 5:00AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I got my coffeecake in the oven and then went to check on Scruff. It was just as I feared, she was dead. I picked her up and put her in a box and put that in the trash receptacle. I was heartsick..there was nothing I could do to help her. Then I came back in the house and washed my hands carefully and thoroughly.  I didn't know what she died of and I sure didn't want whatever it was to be on my hands.

I checked the "weather on the 8's" next.  Today is supposed to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 87 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 87 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 87 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 84 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Friday is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny.  Saturday is to be 85 degrees and isolated thunderstorms. That's the week...two days of rain Thursday and Saturday.

I don't see anything of Blondie. I hope he is alright.

More Later... 

The worship  service was a sacrament service and Leslie was in charge. It was very different and very good. As usual, we had breakfast before the worship service.

I had lunch after church with Phyllis F. as usual. 

When I got home I sent out 6 letters to those who were not at church today and included a bulletin with the announcements and prayer list.  

Now I will go back to my book...the last one of the three this week.

 

2 comments:

Suemn said...

Poor little Scruff. I'm glad that you found her.

DrumMajor said...

Glad Scruff had a good friend while visiting you. Linda in Kansas