Saturday, June 10, 2023

Saturday and a Storm

 It is raining very hard this morning and we are under a severe storm warning. I slept fairly well last night and made my bed just before 5:00AM and am up and dressed and ready for the day. I opened the back door and looked out and the rain is pouring down now. Lots of thunder and rain noise. I haven't heard any sirens so I am not panicking....at least not yet.We certainly need the rain as long as it's just rain.

So More Later.... I will go turn on the TV and see how serious the storm is forecast to be. It is quieter now. It's 5:15AM now.

The storm warning expired just as I turned on the TV. I did catch the weather forecast though. 

Today is to be 81 degrees and thunderstorms.tomorrow is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 78 degrees partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 80 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 90 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 89 degrees partly cloudy. That's the forecast for now anyhow.and that's a couple of days of rain next week.

Of course, I haven't seen a thing of Blondie in this rain. It's 6:00AM now and I am having my breakfast here in the den.

Blondie finally came for his breakfast and I fed him both the chicken flavor food and the fish flavored cat food in separate sides of his dish.  He evidently favored the fish flavored food because that's what he ate from the most. When I buy cat food again, that's what I will get.

I went to the Caney Market to get that cranberry/grape juice in the small bottles and they were out and were not going to buy it any more. That's too bad because that's the juice I use. The clerk suggested I call the city of Caney and tell them I use that juice all the time and I need them to carry it or I will have to get it at Walmart.

I may do that.

It's 10:58AM now and I have been reading all the rest of the morning.

More Even Later...

I went up to Gabby's for lunch and had a coke with it. I like to go there every Saturday and she is only open on Saturday. She always has a good lunch too. Today was chicken enchiladas.They were very good!

I read the rest of the afternoon until time for my bath at 7:00PM. Then I took it and put on my pajamas and robe and went back to my book to finish it before bedtime.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Hoping your rains will come our way. We are very dry. Places all around us got a nice rain, but we only had a short shower.