Saturday, July 22, 2023

Saturday and Dean Returns Home.

I slept well again on the trundle that goes under the daybed. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I put away the trundle and crept into the bathroom nd made up my face. for the day. I had brought fresh clothes into the den where I was sleeping. Dean is still sleeping.He sleeps late and he uses a C pack machine for his sleep apnea.

I will eat a breakfast bar while I wait for him to wake up and get up. And I will have my coffee and Chai.

Now I will go turn on the TV to get the weather forecast and check for Blondie, the cat. I will get back to this later..

Blondie came for his breakfast and I fed him and also gave him some fresh water...he ate and drank some of that water and then left. I will put his food back in the garage and cover it next.

But first..I have the new weather forecast from the "weather on the 8's" 

Today is to be 88 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 93 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 97 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 98 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy,  Thursday is to be 98 degrees and 98 degrees and mostly sunny. and Friday is to be 97 degrees and mostly sunny.  That's the week! No rain this next week. Just hot weather.

More Later...

I took my walk this morning and got back home at 8:10AM. I got very little trash this morning but I got enough yesterday for two days. I texted Esther at 7:41AM and she got right back to me with her usual cheery greeting. She is a treasure!

Dean is still sleeping. He slept until almost noon yesterday. I had a breakfast bar and a cup of coffee and a cup of Chai Latte before my walk.

Dean awoke and wanted to go out to Eggbert's for breakfast. After breakfast he was ready to leave for home. He packed and left at 9:30AM. 

Then I went to Dollar General and bought a few things I needed. I am thinking of going to Bartlesville and washing my car. I washed it Monday and then Monday evening and Tuesday morning it rained and ruined the car wash. So all week it has looked pitiful. It was in the garage the past three days so it wasn't all that noticeable.

More Later...

Instead of going to Bartlesville, I called Sally to see if she wanted to go to Independence to the Dairy Queen and get their $7.00 special. She did. So I picked her up shortly before noon and we drove up to Independence the Dairy Queen and had that great special of theirs. That included three large pieces of chicken, a large drink, french fries with gravy on the side and a small hot fudge sundae. It was very good. That's the second time Sally and I had that great special.

I trimmed the hedge this afternoon and also swept off my small patio and door mat and filled the bird bath with water. And watered my plants. I also swept off Stephen's door mat.

I read in the afternoon in Bob Woodward's book again about Trump's presidency. It's called "Fear". I had read it when it first came out and I determined I could never under any circumstances vote for him. For one thing I had seen the video they showed of him showing his RV to a reporter and telling him the good thing about having one to show off to a woman was that once they got in the RV, you could do anything you wanted with them. That made me even more determined to never vote for him.  After I read Woodward's book, I wondered why anyone would ever vote for him. And then after the January fiasco, I was even more determined not to ever vote for him. Then I read his niece's book about her experience of him cheating her out of her inheritance from her father. That cemented my determination!

Then at 7:00PM, I took my bath and will go back to the book and read until my bedtime. That will probably be 9:00PM. 

I had read until 8:40PM , and I had decided to charge the night watch on the USB port on the desktop computer. By 8:49PM, it was fully charged. And I was ready for bed.

So More Tomorrow.

 

1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

Because of that jerk #45, my Republican parents have both rolled over in their graves and registered as Democrats. Linda in Kansas