Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well last night even though I slept on the trundle to my day bed. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made up the trundle and dressed for the day. I have  a 9:00AM hair appointment and then Bunco in the afternoon from 1:00PM until 3:00PM at the senior center there in Coffeyville. I will take the book I have been reading and probably finish it there in the parking lot in Coffeyville. I would like to get a pedicure. I really need it. It's been awhile.

No sign yet of Blondie. 

But I did catch "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 98 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, Friday is to be 80 degrees and AM showers, Saturday is to be 88 degrees and sunny and Sunday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 97 degrees and sunny, and Tuesday is to be 100 degrees and sunny. That's the week. It looks like one day of rain and some very hot weather..

I guess it's to be expected...and it's not even August yet.

Blondie did finally come for his breakfast.. I fed him and when he was finished I took the cat food in the garage and covered it.

More Even Later.. 

I left for my walk about 6:30AM and got back home at 7:14AM.  Just about the time I think I am making headway on the trash pickup, I find another bunch of it. My grocery sack was completely full of trash from the street. On 4th street, which if the downtown area, there was several sacks on the sidewalk of french fry packages and also several big pieces of foil both on the sidewalk and the gutters.

I don't understand why people can't put their trash in trash containers. There are trash containers everywhere... even downtown. Yet they just throw it onto the sidewalk and along the curb. 

Disgusting!

It's 7:21AM now and at 8:00AM, I will start for Coffeyville. 

More Later this afternoon.

I got to Coffeyville in time for my hair appointment. Then I went to the bank to get some cash. The bank was still down. So I went to old Condon site and that one was down too. Then I went way out on NE street and found one that was working there. I put my right blinker on to turn into it and the was a car right behind me and coming very fast. I had to honk my horn loudly to get him to realize he was going to hit me. He swerved in time to miss me.  At least that ATM was working and I got the money for my pedicure.

I went out to Shelter Insurance but Lacey wasn't there. I waited thirty minutes until she came in. I needed to get another insurance card to show that I had paid it up.

Then I went to the Coffeyville library and checked out a book to read until 1:00 PM when I had Bunco.  There were 11 of us. We played until 3:30PM and then I went over to Marilyn's to visit and after an hour I came on back home.

I saw Stephen mowing and trimming and decided to get mine trimmed too. Mr. G mowed for me yesterday.

More Even Later. I think I will read again. 

I read until a little after 7:00PM and then  I took my bath. Then I read until 9:00PM and went on to bed. I was very tired. It had been a big day.

No comments: