Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thursday and Dean Comes Today

I slept well last night again on the daybed trundle. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made up the trundle and dressed. Now I need to go make up my face and get my breakfast, "the weather on the 8's" and see if Blondie is out there waiting for his breakfast.

Blondie wasn't out there waiting for his breakfast but I did catch the weather report. 

Today is to be 91 degrees and AM thunderstorms, tomorrow is to be 80 degrees AM rain, and  Saturday is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 91 degrees and  mostly sunny, Monday is to be 95 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 98 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week... two days of rain and 80 to100 degrees otherwise.

I went to the market to get some things I needed and it was 7:29AM. They open at 8:00AM but the Market was dark and it appeared no one was there.  So I went out to Dollar General to get my groceries. They were open so that is where I got my groceries.

More Later... 

I just talked to Dean.  It's 1:00PM and he is just getting ready to leave for Coffeyville. He should be here by dinner time. He wants me to think of a place to go for supper. It's a three and a half hour drive from Topeka to Caney, I also spoke to Rod, his son, and said "hello" to him.

I guess Sally and I will go have lunch at Big Cheese in Independence.  

And that's what we did. I bought lunch this time. When I got back home after taking Sally back home, I finished reading my book.

Later this afternoon, Dean came. He had had only snacks on his trip to Caney from Topeka so we went out to Eggbert's and had their small chef salad for supper..

Then we came back to the house and stayed up until almost midnight visiting and swapping stories. He stayed up a little later then I did  and watch a little TV. I was very tired and took my bath and went on to bed first. He had had a 3 1/2 hour trip from Topeka but we enjoyed swapping stories. all evening..


No comments: