Monday, October 30, 2023

Monday and a Poor Night's Sleep

Once again I had a hard time sleeping. I was up at 4:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I just couldn't stay asleep.

I put the TV on and soon I had "the weather on the 8's". So here is the forecast for this week.

Today is to be 46 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 45 degrees and sunny.Wednesday is to be 53 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 58 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 66 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 69 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 70 degrees and partly cloudy, It looks like no more rain this next week. Luckily we got some yesterday afternoon.

I went to Dollar General and bought some more wet cat food for Blondie. I saw another cat had come while I was gone and ate the dry cat food.

Blondie came for his breakfast and I had mine. Later I went to the library and checked out two books. I read all morning.

At lunchtime I went to Copan Restaurant and had a cup of their beef vegetable soup and a piece of German chocolate pie and iced tea.

I also notified Leslie that I had checked my blood pressure and it was way too high, I went up to the Caney Drug store and  had the pharmacist take it with her blood pressure device. It was still very high. She called the doctor and told him about it and he told her to tell me to take another half of a blood pressure pill...and to do that until my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Maybe he can tell me why it is so high. It was 181/87.

Then I came back home and back to the book. A little later I checked my bank account. Everything but the check I wrote this morning for Evergy and put in the mail and the one for the Women's Retreat I wrote at the camp for the women's retreat had cleared.

Blondie came back for more dry food this evening and that smaller cat that I believe he sired ( because it just looks like a smaller edition of him and.... Scruff must have been it's mother.) 

I took my bath at 7:00PM and got myself ready for bed. I will try to stay up until 10:00PM and maybe I will sleep better.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie, I have the same sleep problem as you. I wish it would go away and I could sleep all night. I envy those people who can sleep 'til 10 in the morning. I cant even usually make it until 6 in the morning. More often I am awake at 2 or 3 and wishing I could just go back to sleep.

Margie's Musings said...

I feel the same way Galla Creek. I seldom sleep well.

Galla Creek said...

That blood pressure is really high. Hope they can adjust your medicine.

Kay said...

Oh gosh... You and me both. I took Melatonin and it did not help.