Sunday, October 29, 2023

Sunday and a Visit to a Church

 I slept very well last night and was up only once in the night to take my two meds. Then I was up at 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am planning to visit another church today since  we are not having services at mine today. Some are going to Arkansas for a conference but since I just back from a Women's retreat yesterday evening, I do not plan to drive that far for another conference. Karan drove to the one we attended Friday and Saturday.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" awhile ago. And I opened the front door for the third time and finally found Blondie out there waiting for his breakfast. I took it out to him and he is eating now.

I am having my breakfast bar and coffee myself. Soon I will have my Chai Latte.

We are 39 degrees and rain today, tomorrow we will have 47 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 45 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 51 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 60 degrees and  sunny, Friday is to be 67 degrees mostly sunny and Saturday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy. Only one day with rain in the forecast and that is today.  

I attended the Cornerstone church here in Caney this morning. The sermon was good and there were well over 100 people there. Our church dismissed services today for a conference in Arkansas.  I didn't go. I wouldn't want to drive 6 1/2 hours to attend that conference. Especially in my 16 year old car. I attended this weekend's Women's Retreat. It was Friday and Saturday. But Karan drove. Her car is a lot newer then mine. Mine is 16 years old. It's  2008 Honda Civic.

I may go to Eggbert's for lunch or I may simply microwave a dinner from my freezer. I am not sure Copan Restaurant is even open on Sunday. So I will keep it simple. I could just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Actually, I put one of my frozen dinners in the microwave and that's what I had for lunch. It was o.k.

More Later...

 

1 comment:

Kay said...

That's a lot of people in a church. I'm hearing of less people attending church since the pandemic. Actually... would you believe a friend who happens to be a doctor found her mom had gone to church even though she wasn't feeling well? And it turned out after finally testing herself, that she had COVID. Sigh...