Monday, November 27, 2023

Monday and Better Sleep

I slept somewhat better last night. Of course I took my last sleeping pill too. I was up closer to 5:00AM this morning. I feel more rested too.

I dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I really don't have a plan for the day. I still have one book to read, Perhaps I will do that. There is still some snow on the ground too...not a lot but enough to keep me in.  I may walk up to the post office when they open at 8:00AM. I have some letters to mail. I wrote those who weren't at church yesterday. I didn't go either because of the snow and slick roads. So I couldn't include a bulletin.

Scott called me yesterday and we talked quite awhile. It had been awhile. We made up for it! 

I opened the front door to a hungry Blondie and even his grey colored friend.  They both ate and left. I left the bowl and food out there for the black cat and the small yellow cat and the snow white one. Perhaps they will eat it later today.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" too. Today is to be 51 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 55 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 59 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 58 degrees and PM light rain, Friday is to be 45 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 57 degrees and AM showers. Perhaps a couple of days of rain if we're lucky!

More Later... I had a tire going down again. This one had a staple in it...a large one. It was another $15.00. Thank goodness I had the money.

Then I texted Esther again. She wants me to text her earlier...about 6:30AM or so. She says she puts her phone on silence and then checks it when she wakes up.

She asked me what I would do if they had to stop helping me. .I am thinking Keith is thinking of retiring one of these days. I told her I wasn't sure what I would do.  For one thing, I would have to work out paying my own rent. They have been paying it for at least a year. That also would mean I would have to stop paying my tithes and I sure don't want to do that. I might just have to break down and move in with John and Leslie. I wouldn't have my utilities to pay here at the apartment either. I would want to give them something though if I needed to do that. Esther said she would give me notice if they had to stop paying my rent so I would have some time to make a plan.

I suppose I could move into Sycamore Landing in Coffeyville..The rent there depends on income (and I could have a pet).. Also I would be able to get rid of my daybed and trundle and have just one bedroom.  I will worry about that when the time comes. I could donate my books and bookcases to the library.

I went to Independence this noon and had their $7.00 plus tax special with three pieces of chicken for lunch.  That's a real bargain. It comes with a drink and french fries and even a dessert.

More Later...

I read most of the afternoon and then at 7:25PM I took my bath. I will read until I get sleepy. If I do that, maybe I can sleep better.

I read until 9:11PM and then got sleepy enough to get to sleep. I hope I can stay asleep. That's the problem. 

Maybe more later...Maybe more tomorrow.

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

As we age we have so many decisions. I have trouble making big decisions. I doubt myself.