Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Tuesday and Cleaning the Apartment

I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning but I had slept well. I fixed myself some Chai Latte and a breakfast bar for breakfast. I checked outdoors a couple of times but no cats were out there yet. It's not quite 6:00AM yet so it may be awhile before any come. It's only 30 degrees and out there so it will be cold for them.

I put away most of my Christmas decorations last evening. I took the boxes to the garage and stacked them in the corner where the water tank is closeted. I have a few odds and ends still out in the apartment. I see 5 little Santa men on the shelves in here, I will gather them up after awhile along with a candle or two and box them up and label the boxes too and take them to the garage. I did catch "the weather on the 8's" for the day.

Today is to be 44 degrees and cloudy, Wednesday is to be 40 degrees and mostly cloudy. Thursday is to be  43 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be  46 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 50 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 46 degrees and  partly cloudy, Monday is to be 40 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! No rain again and we still need some more!

Finally, the little grey cat came to eat. It's 7:38AM and he/she is the only one who has come for their breakfast.Usually the little white one comes and of course the two yellow cats , Blondie and his yellow friend. But I haven't seen either of them this morning. I put both dry and wet cat food out there for them.

I got the rest of the Christmas decorations put away and in boxes and stacked in the garage.

More Even Later.. 

I didn't see any of the other cats come to eat. And that is strange. Usually at least Blondie will come to eat. I hope nothing has happened to him.

I got the apartment cleaned and vacuumed again this morning. I didn't see any more big cockroaches today. I killed a small one last night and one of it's legs came off and I got a napkin and picked that up and put it in the trash. I imagine some of the cockroach survived because it ran under the table that has my Alexa sitting on it. I tried to move it away from the wall. But it was too heavy. I imagine that cockroach may have gone ahead and died later since it had lost a leg. Stephen said they didn't have any in their apartment but of course they spend very little time in their apartment. I live in mine. But that still doesn't tell me why I get cockroaches and they don't. Especially when I clean every week.

Oh well, he is calling the  exterminator to get mine treated on the 5th of January and he said they would have him exterminate theirs too. I suppose "just in case".  I may buy some kind of bug spray at Dollar General today. 

Finally Blondie came for his meal. It was later then usual.  It's trying to rain some more. That may be why he is later.

More Later...

I called Sally just before noon to ask her if she wanted to go to lunch. She did. She wanted to go to the fish place in Independence so that's what we did. It was very good. We both got the kids menu. It is lots of food even though it is supposed to be a kid's portion.

I went to the library here but they were closed for the holiday weekend so I couldn't get a couple of  books as I had planned.. I will try again after I get back from Coffeyville tomorrow and my hair appointment. We aren't having game day tomorrow so I will be coming back home after my hair appointment. Although I may visit with Marilyn some after my hair appointment.

It's only 7:15PM and too early to go to bed. I am going to have to find something to read until at least 9:00PM. If I go too bed too early I won't sleep well.



No comments: