Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tuesday and Cookies

 I slept well last night and was up at 5:15AM, made my bed, dressed, and got myself ready for the day.

When I opened the front door, there were no cats out there but I picked up their bowls and brought them in to be filled with food. Then I put them back out there. Soon I opened the door again and the two yellow cats and the grey one were out there eating their breakfasts. The white one and the black and white one are not out there yet. They will be along a little later...after these are finished and gone.

I will go up to Independence this morning about 9:30AM to take the cookies to the First Christian Church there. They will serve a meal at noon to anyone who needs food at no cost at all to them. The Independence churches have been doing that for almost eight years now.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" Today is to be 54 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 58 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 67 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Friday is to be 68 degrees and cloudy, Saturday is to be 48 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 50 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 55 degrees and sunny. That's the week...no rain in the forecast and we badly need rain.

More Later... 

I got to Independence and stopped at the market to buy the cookies.  Then at 9:30AM, I drove across the street and called the pastor with my horn. One long blast and two short ones. ..my usual way of getting him to come open the kitchen door. No one was at the kitchen door. I got his answering machine and left a message. No one got back to me.  I tried again and a woman showed up from the all purpose room. She took the cookies and then I went out to their Wal Mart and left my plastic bottles in the container for recycling.

Then I came home. 

I read awhile and then tried  to call Sally but she didn't answer. I tried two times but I think she must be doing her weekly shopping somewhere.

So  I will eat by myself this time.

More Later ...

I did eat by myself this time and I ordered a piece of German Chocolate pie and my usual cup of vegetable beef soup. I put half of the pie in a box to bring home. As I was getting ready to pay for my lunch a young man moved up in the line and took my ticket and paid for my lunch. Then as I was leaving, my son in law was just coming in. I told him if I knew he was going to eat at Copan Truck Stop, I would have waited and eaten with him. 

When I was driving home, the pastor of the First Christian church called me back. He told me they would not need any more cookies until the second Tuesday in January.

When I got home the little white cat was waiting for me to put some of the dry cat food in one of the the dishes out front. I had filled both dry cat food dishes. Then as I was coming back in the house the little black and white cat came to eat some of what I had just put in the  other dish.

I think they are getting plenty to eat...morning, noon and sometimes evening too. 

More Even Later...

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

If we notice, there are still lots of nice folks in the world.