Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Tuesday and More Cookies?

 I slept well last night and was only up once and took my meds at that time. At 4:00AM I awoke wondering if I am to take cookies to Independence today. I thought I had put the next time on my calendar but when I checked my calendars, none was mentioned so I had better call the church before I take them up there to see if they are expecting them today.

More Later...I will call at 9:30AM when I know the pastor will be there. 

I was up at 5:00AM as usual. When I opened the front door both yellow cats were out there waiting for their breakfasts...so I fed them. Now I need t get some more dry cat food for the  other three.  

But first I need to post "the weather on the 8's"

Today is to be 58 degrees and  partly cloudy,  tomorrow is to be 59 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun. Thursday is to be 58 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 51 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 55 degrees and mostly sunny. Again...no rain this week.

More Even Later... 

I took the cookies up to Independence to the First Christian church then I went on to Jess's place and bought a pecan pie for the dinner today. 

Then as I was leaving I notice my rider's side tire...the one that has been fixed twice at Mainstreet Repair, was going down again. Jess put some air in it to get me to Coffeyville to Dollar Tire so they could fix it. I left it there and walked on over to the senior center to our Christmas Dinner there. We had a very nice dinner and many people came for it. When I was finished and we cleaned up the mess, Karan took me to Dollar Tire and I paid $17.00 to them to fix THAT tire. That's three tire problems in a month....the SAME tire.

It was good to get home.

More Later...

I texted John, my son in law, who is in the hospital in Bartlesville. He had an MRI and a sonogram today and he is to learn the outcome of those tests this evening. I asked him if he would like some company tomorrow and he said that would be fine and gave me his room number and after I get my hair done tomorrow I will go down to Bartlesville  and visit him. I went out to Dollar General and found an appropriate get well card to take to him and I will visit with him for awhile and he can tell me about his foot. I believe the problem began with some sort of blister on his toe and it just got worse and worse. He has been having antibiotics IV ever since he has been in the hospital. I believe this is his second day there.

Stephen came over and worked on the hot water in my bathtub. He got it much warmer and  I took my bath without having to add hot water from the kitchen sink. That was good of him.

More Later..

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I recall you mentioning the cookies. You said they would not need any more cookies until the second Tuesday in January.