Monday, January 1, 2024

Monday and New Years Day

 I slept very well. I got all the labels on the envelopes for the class newsletter for 2024.

It's 6:23AM now and I have been up since 5:00AM. When I opened the front door Blondie was there waiting for his breakfast. I set it out for him and he ate until he was full and then left.  The little grey cat is out there now working on eating the leftover food from Blondie. I caught "the weather on the 8's" too.

The forecast says today will be 40 degrees clouds and PM Sun, tomorrow is to be 47 degrees and clouds and PM sun, Wednesday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be  44 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 41 degrees and rain and snow. Saturday is to be 42 degrees and cloudy and Sunday is to partly cloudy. That's the week! Friday says rain and snow! That will be something different to begin the New Year...if it develops!

More Later....  

I read until I had both books read and then I took them both to the book drop at the library here in Caney.  I would have taken the class newsletter to the Printing Center in Bartlesville for duplication except today is New Years Day, and I seriously doubt they would be open. I will do it another day.

I called the Dairy Queen in Independence to see if they were open and they were. So I drove up there to get their $7.00 special..three chicken strips, french fries a drink and a hot fudge sundae. Then I turned in my code for the last $7.00 special I got and they gave me a Dilly bar. I took that to John.

Leslie and I  went out to the kennel and I held a couple of the puppies. They are really growing. They are called stock puppies because they are trained to deal with cattle.

When I got home finally the little white cat came to eat it's lunch. It finished eating and left. I brought the bowls in the house so the neighbor's dog would not eat from their bowls.

I decided to try to get the mower started and run it out of gas  mowing but I couldn't get it started. I don't know how I will be able to do that now. I need to get that gas out of there. I should have done it earlier. Probably to siphon it would be the only way. And I wouldn't know how to do that.

I watched the Tennessee football game against Iowa and Tennessee won 35 to 0 . It was a good game but terribly lopsided. I kept waiting for Iowa to get a touchdown.

More Later..

 

No comments: