Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Tuesday and Newsletters

 I slept poorly last night. I kept waking up and adjusting the thermostat. Finally I just got up close to 5:00AM. I was out of Melatonin and I have trouble sleeping without it. I will need to get some more today.

I hope to go to Bartlesville to The Print Shop and get them to duplicate my class  newsletter. Hopefully they will insert the letters into the envelopes like they did last year.  I put the labels on them that Leslie made for me. I got that done yesterday evening. Thank goodness she did that for me!

Last year, they not only duplicated the newsletter that was 7 pages long but also put the letters in the envelopes. This year's letter is only 4 pages long. (actually two sheets of paper that will need to be printed on both sides). We are 88 years old this year and many of us did not make it to 88. Last year, I got half a dozen letters back and this year I imagine I will get many more back. It will be interesting to see. This may be the last year I can do it. I will have to work over my classmate list after a few days and add some more to the deceased classmate list.

The little grey cat was waiting for me to open the front door this morning and he/she ate quite a bit. Finally Blondie came and I just had him eat what was left of the wet cat food I put out for the little grey one. I am spending a lot of money for wet cat food. That's what they prefer. 

I also caught "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 47 degrees and it is to be cloudy AM and sun PM, Wednesday is to be 44 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday is to be 45 degrees and partly cloudy,  Friday is to be 42 degrees and rain and snow, Saturday is to be 41 and cloudy. Sunday is to be 48 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 46 degrees and rain!  We really need the rain and that is two days of rain and perhaps even some snow on Friday.

I took the  Class Newsletter to The Print Shop in Bartlesville this morning.They will call me when they get it worked into their schedule..I put the stamps on the envelopes when I got home. All I have to do now is fold them when they get the copies finished and put them in the envelopes. 

We have Bunco at the Senior Center in Coffeyville tomorrow.

 More Even Later... 

No comments: