Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I was up at 5:00AM this morning. I made my bed and got dressed and got myself ready for the day.  When I opened the front door the little grey cat was out there waiting for his/her breakfast. I fixed it and set it out there.  It's 28 degrees and this morning and way too cold for that cat to hang around. We are supposed to get 2 inches of snow too today.

I am eating my breakfast bar and drinking my Chai Latte. 

I caught "the weather on the 8's" . I will post it here,

Today is to be 48 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 40 degrees and rain and snow. Saturday is to be 42 degrees and cloudy, Sunday is to be 50 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 42 degrees and rain,  Tuesday is to be 36 degrees and AM snow showers. Wednesday is to be 47 degrees and mostly sunny. That the week! It looks like this week will bring rain and snow. We certainly need it.

When I went to Coffeyville yesterday for my hair appointment and Bunco, I stopped at the Coffeyville post office and mailed those Class Newsletters. It was sure small this year. Last year was 7 pages and this year it was 4 pages and that was two sheets with the news on both sides. It was the smallest newsletter ever. It may have to be my last one, It;s way too much of a job for no more participation that I get any more.. We were all 88 years old this past year, We have lost at least 161 classmates and that was just last year's count.  Last year I had 9 letters come back and there will probably be even more come back this year. It will be interesting to see how it goes.   

I had better get started on my cleaning. I was reading awhile ago and suddenly woke up. I had fallen asleep while reading.  It's 7:24AM now. 

I finally got the apartment cleaned. My back is really hurting now though. I guess I will take some Ibuprofen for it.  The only pain I usually have is my knees and my thumbs,,,especially the left thumb. I seldom take anything for it though. I hate to take unnecessary meds. I usually just put up with it but this time I did take some Ibuprofen. That took care of the pain.

More Later.

I called Sally and asked her if she wanted to go eat out with me. She did...so I picked her up at noon and we went to Copan Restaurant and had a cup of soup and split a piece of pie.That is always good.

After cleaning, I read all the rest of the afternoon and finally took my bath at 7:00PM. I put my pajamas on and then went back to the book I was reading.

Tomorrow is Friday and the exterminator will be coming to spray my apartment for roaches. I don't see a lot of them but every couple of days I see one and pick it up with a paper towel and crush it and put it in the trash..Ugh! I hate those nasty things.  I clean thoroughly every week so I can't figure out how they get in, In fact I cleaned today.

 He is supposed to be here between 9:00AM and 11:00AM. So I will be sure to stay home between those hours.

More Later..

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Give up that newsletter. Too much work and hassle for you. Sorry about your aches. You do too much.